Location: Nanjing, China
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
The British School of Nanjing (BSN) is one of the leading international schools in China offering contemporary British international education to students from Pre-Nursery through to Sixth Form.
In January 2016, the school moved to the impressive Mountain View campus, located south of Nanjing city. BSN’s academic results for both GCSEs and A Levels are comparable to that of top UK independent schools, and is now part of Nord Anglia Education offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
BSN seeks a suitable candidate to manage and run its library. The library is across two floors of the school and includes sections for all ages.
The successful candidate should illustrate a love of literacy, the creativity to make the library the heart of the school and the organisational skills to manage a busy, well-stocked library, as well as a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
- Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
- Is comfortable integrating technology.
- Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
- Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
- A competitive salary.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- Up to two full school scholarships.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education.
A head of Department position may be available for suitable candidates.
Applications must be submitted via the BSN application form or the link below, and interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates in Nanjing/by Skype for applicants based overseas.
BSN is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS.
Please browse our website https://bsn.org.cn/ to find out more about the school.
The British School of Nanjing:
16 Han Fu Lu, Jiangning,
+86 25 5210 8987